Jesus Garcia Jr.
20+ Year Attorney
Posted on Tuesday, March 30th, 2021 at 5:25 pm
2Jesus Garcia, Jr. focuses on plaintiff’s personal injury and commercial litigation.
Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Practice
Mr. Garcia handles catastrophic plaintiff’s personal injury cases. Mr. Garcia handles wrongful death, trucking, maritime, premises liability, product liability, dram shop, traumatic brain injury, and negligence actions. Mr. Garcia is passionate about representing those who are injured and those who have lost loved ones due to the carelessness and greed of others. He has collected millions for his clients. Below are a few examples of Mr. Garcia’s success in representing injury victims.
Representative Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Experience:
- Obtained an $11,162,529.00 verdict and judgment for the mother and widow of a young father killed by a drunk driver who was overserved by a bar
- Obtained $3,075,000 for the family of a young man killed by Brake Check’s faulty brake repair work
- Obtained a $6,000,000 judgment for the parents of a young couple killed in a head on collision by another driver
- Obtained $3,250,000 for a person who was leisurely riding his bicycle when a reckless driver hit him and left him for dead
- Obtained $1,600,000 for a man who was severely injured when he was pinned by equipment while working on a farm
- Obtained a substantial, but confidential monetary sum for the widow and children of a hardworking demolition worker that lost his life on the job
- Obtained a substantial, but confidential monetary sum for a young man who was spectating a race and knocked unconscious and traumatically brain-injured by flying concrete at a racetrack after a race car lost control and collided with a grossly inadequate barrier
- Obtained a substantial, but confidential settlement for a war veteran who fell and severely injured himself after being given a faulty prosthesis for his leg after it was amputated below the knee
- Obtained a substantial, but confidential monetary sum for a young father, husband, and worker who went the extra mile after his boss had assigned him to perform a task only two could perform, leading to catastrophic crushing injuries to his foot that severely limited his ability to work
- Obtained a substantial, but confidential monetary sum for a seasoned psychologist and grandfather who, while riding his bike in the neighborhood, suffered severe injuries, including a traumatic brain injury, when he was clotheslined by a rope that was extended across the street by a tree removal contractor, who had been hired by a property management company that failed to properly vet the contractor
- Obtained a substantial, but confidential settlement for a man who received severe electrical burns to his body due to faulty equipment at the location where his boss assigned him to work
- Obtained numerous and substantial confidential settlements for several woman who experienced sexual abuse in locations such massage parlors and, on occasion, in their own homes
Commercial Litigation Practice
Mr. Garcia is a seasoned trial lawyer. Business owners look to him when they need an experienced trial lawyer who is comfortable and effective with a jury. Mr. Garcia’s commercial litigation practice involves a wide range of businesses from start up to Fortune 500 companies and includes companies based in the U.S. as well as those based in various Latin American countries, Europe, and Asia.
Mr. Garcia’s practice includes construction disputes. He has litigated cases involving the design and construction of an electrical power plant; allegations of mold contamination due to faulty construction; construction of a natural gas liquids pipeline; road construction involving delays and inefficiencies; and the development, design, and construction of several commercial buildings.
Mr. Garcia has represented major energy companies in a broad range of disputes involving royalty, ownership, development, production, and operator litigation. He has represented major energy companies in multimillion dollar breach of contract actions.
Mr. Garcia represents a diverse group of clients on matters involving financial and banking issues, lender liability, foreclosure actions, landlord tenant disputes, wrongful taking of wildlife, and insurance claims.
Mr. Garcia handles litigation matters for his international clients on a variety of issues, such as representing them in breach of contract disputes involving the defective manufacture of transmitters, ownership rights to oil drilling equipment, and the rights to millions of dollars’ worth of FIFA World Cup tickets.
Representative Commercial Litigation Experience:
- Represented major energy company in a $10,000,000 breach of contract action related to the design and construction of an electrical power plant
- Represented and recovered $8,000,000 for a manufacturer of oil field equipment who was first sued by its distributor for fraud, but ended up paying millions to Mr. Garcia’s client after Mr. Garcia filed counter-claims
- Represented a road construction company and obtained a $2,347,454 arbitration award in its favor due to delays and inefficiencies it experienced because of the owner/municipality’s fault
- Represented two major gas pipeline companies in multi-million dollar breach of contract and fraud actions related to the transportation and measurement of natural gas; the case went on the Texas Supreme Court where Mr. Garcia finally prevailed
- Represented national bank in multi-million dollar lender liability, breach of contract, and fraud lawsuit
- Represented South American company in a breach of contract dispute related to the defective manufacturing of transmitters
- Represented a widow against an insurance company denying her the hundreds of thousands of dollars owed to her under a life insurance policy
- Represented major real estate development firm in a breach of contract action related to the development, design, and construction of several commercial buildings
- Represented individual in a dispute involving the wrongful hunting and taking of exotic wildlife from individual’s ranch
- Admitted to practice in the Southern and Northern Districts of Texas and all courts of the State of Texas