PARTNER AND 15+ YEAR TRIAL LAWYER
Throughout his career, Kevin Haynes has consistently recovered successful verdicts and settlements for his clients. In 2011, he helped win the largest motor vehicle accident verdict in the State of Texas, which was selected to the Texas Verdicts Hall of Fame. In 2015, he helped secure the #5 and #8 largest accident settlements in the State of Texas. In 2019 alone, he recovered $18,950,000 in jury verdicts. In August 2022, Jesus Garcia and Kevin Haynes won a $110,000,000 verdict for a young woman injured in an ATV rollover (Lizet Guerra v. Roel Rodriguez, et al., 381st Dist. Ct., Starr County). $90,000,000 of the verdict was comprised of non-economic damages, namely, pain and suffering, mental anguish, and disfigurement. The plaintiff had permanent scarring on her abdomen and breast and suffered from long-term headaches—but had not received any treatment in the three years prior to trial. This is the largest verdict in Starr County history, a venue widely known for large jury verdicts.
For law school, Kevin Haynes attended South Texas College of Law Houston, where was chosen as a member of the law review and won an award for his outstanding legal writing. He also won a spot on the school’s nationally recognized moot court team and competed in tournaments nationwide. He began his legal career clerking for a Senior Justice on the Fourteenth Court of Appeals in Houston, where he gained invaluable experience in appellate law.
In December 2011, Kevin Haynes won a $18,500,000 verdict in a bus crash case in Dallas County (Reedy v. Greyhound Lines, Inc., et al., 193rd Dist. Ct., Dallas County). As in the John v. New Prime case, the plaintiff, Ashley Reedy, was a young woman (in her 20s) who had not yet undergone a recommended surgery.
In January 2019 (Galindo v. Great Southwestern Construction, Inc., 96th Dist. Ct., Tarrant County), Steve Kherkher and Kevin Haynes won a $6,500,000 million verdict in one of the most conservative counties in Texas, Tarrant County—and the jury did not hear any liability evidence and awarded solely noneconomic damages.
In September 2019, Steve Kherkher and Kevin Haynes won a $12,450,000 verdict in a trucking crash case in Harris County (John v. New Prime, Inc., et al., 129th Dist. Ct., Harris County), which was 100% comprised of pain and suffering and mental anguish damages. In this case, Plaintiff Christine John—a woman in her 30s—did not undergo any invasive surgical procedures, although they had been recommended. This judgment was recently affirmed by the Houston Fourteenth Court of Appeals.
In October 2021, Steve Kherkher, Kevin Haynes, and Matt Martin won a $1,850,000 million verdict in a case where plaintiff was injured by an unlicensed tow truck driver, breaking her elbow and ankle (Chapman v. Super Dirty Recovery, et al., 133rd Dist. Ct., Harris County, Tex.). This verdict was comprised solely of pain and suffering and mental anguish damages.
In March 2023, Steve Kherkher, Kevin Haynes, and Omar Chawdhary won a $1,975,000 million verdict in a case where the plaintiff was rear-ended at high speed by a tow truck driver, causing serious spinal injuries requiring surgery (Villatoro v. Texas Outlaw Recovery Wrecker Services, et al., 151st Dist. Ct., Harris County, Tex.). This verdict was comprised solely of pain and suffering, mental anguish, and impairment damages.
- Admitted to all courts of the State of Texas
- U.S. District Court of the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court of the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- B.B.A., The University of Texas at Austin
- J.D., South Texas College of Law Houston
- Law Review
- Varsity Moot Court
- Haynes & Boone LLP Award for Outstanding Legal Writing
- Phi Delta Phi Highest Grade Award: Torts II
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys
Honors & Distinctions
- Texas Top 10 Jury Verdicts, 2022
- Super Lawyers, Texas, 2022
- Super Lawyers, Texas Rising Stars, 2012 – 2021
- The National Trial Lawyers, Texas Top 100 Civil Trial Lawyers, 2021
- The National Trial Lawyers, Texas Top 40 Under 40, 2014 –2020
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 25 Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association, 2021
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 10 Trucking Trial Lawyer in Texas, 2021
- Million-Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Lifetime Member
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel, Nation’s Top 1%, 2015 – 2021
- H Texas Magazine, Top Houston Lawyers, 2013 – 2018