James E. Soto
Proud of his Texas heritage, James E. Soto traces his family roots back to the 1850’s when his family settled in the Texas Hill Country. By contrast, he was born and raised in the oilfields of Venezuela where his parents served as pioneers in the emerging oil industry. James E Soto is fluent in both written and spoken Spanish. This unique experience serves his Spanish-speaking clients well in resolving their Texas based legal matters. Appointed by the Secretary of Foreign Relations for Mexico, he served with distinction from 2012-2017 as Abogado Consultor, legal consultant, to the Mexican Consulate in Houston.
James E. Soto is active in the Houston community where he is grateful to serve. He is a former Chairman of the Board to the Mexican Institute of Greater Houston, a non-profit organization dedicated to educating Houston’s emerging Hispanic community with computer technology skills. In 2023 he was appointed to the Board of Directors to the Institute of Hispanic Culture of Houston whose mission is to provide educational scholarships and cultural programs for students in the greater Houston area.
- Admitted to all courts of the State of Texas
- Attorney Ad Litem of Gaurdianship
- BS, Spanish Language and Literature- Louisiana State University
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center
Honors & Distinctions
- Former Chairman of the Board to the Mexican Institute of Greater Houston
- Board of Directors to the Institute of Hispanic Culture of Houston