News: Trampled Astroworld concertgoer mounts million dollar lawsuit

News: Trampled Astroworld concertgoer mounts million dollar lawsuit

Posted on Monday, November 15th, 2021 at 8:09 pm    

HOUSTON, TX – Manuel Souza is one of many victims filing suit against Astroworld Festival organizers and Travis Scott after suffering injuries at the deadly event earlier this month.

Souza’s attorney, Jesus Garcia Jr. with, Kherkher Garcia, LLP said his client has a long road to recovery after the traumatic event.

“He’s got bodily injury, and he’s suffering mentally from the chaos that ensured and that he had to witness,” Garcia said in an appearance on News Nation Now.

Souza was one of the hundreds of victims who were crushed and trampled when the crowd surged forward during Scott’s performance. He suffered injuries to ribs and had difficulty breathing until he was able to escape.

Garcia believes a lack of proper planning on the part of festival organizers was a factor in the tragic event that took at least 10 lives and left hundreds with injuries.

“We’ve had concerts around the country for many years that don’t end in death. And proper planning could have easily prevented it,” Garcia said.

Garcia also says Scott’s actions at previous concerts and leading up to the festival created a culture of violence that led to the mass casualty event.

“This artist incites rages into his audience, incites chaos. He wants it to happen,”  Garcia said, citing Scott’s previous arrest for inciting violence at a concert in 2015.

This blog post is part of a series that Kherkher Garcia provides for the benefit of our neighbors across the Houston area. It is meant to keep our community informed about recent accidents, and should not be construed as legal advice. However, if you have been hurt or someone you love has died because of someone else’s negligence, we would like to hear from you at your earliest convenience. Contact us today, online or by calling (713) 231-5640, to speak with an experienced Houston personal injury lawyer at absolutely no cost to you.


News: Attorney tells CNN deadly Astroworld Festival incident was, “years in the making”

Posted on Monday, November 15th, 2021 at 7:41 pm    

HOUSTON, TX – An attorney representing an injured concertgoer took aim at Travis Scott for his negligent actions leading up to the Astroworld Festival that left at least 10 people dead and hundreds injured.

In an appearance on CNN Newsroom, attorney Ryan Macleod said the tragedy was “years in the making,” citing Scott’s prior arrest in 2015 for inciting violence at one of his concerts.

Macleod also believes Scott had the ability to stop the show and prevent any serious injuries but decided to continue performing while EMTs struggled to reach injured and dying fans.

“If you watch the video footage, it is telling. He knew that there were problems. He knew that there were serious emergencies. He knew that first responders needed to do their jobs. CPR was literally being administered while he’s still singing about being the highest in the room,” Macleod told CNN.

Officials with the Houston Police Department say they brought their concerns to Scott and other festival organizers before the November 5th concert. However, they took no further to prevent the horrific events from unfolding.

This blog post is part of a series that Kherkher Garcia provides for the benefit of our neighbors across the Houston area. It is meant to keep our community informed about recent accidents, and should not be construed as legal advice. However, if you have been hurt or someone you love has died because of someone else’s negligence, we would like to hear from you at your earliest convenience. Contact us today, online or by calling (713) 231-5640, to speak with an experienced Houston personal injury lawyer at absolutely no cost to you.


News: Promoters, Travis Scott, sued after victim trampled at Astroworld Festival

Posted on Monday, November 15th, 2021 at 7:36 pm    

HOUSTON, TX – A victim who was seriously injured after being trampled by fans at the Astroworld Festival is filing suit against festival organizers, promoters, and Travis Scott himself.

According to a report by NTD News, Manuel Souza has sued the rapper along with Live Nation and ScoreMore for their roles in the incident that left him and hundreds of other concertgoers seriously injured at the November 5th show.

“Manuel was physically injured when he was at the concert. He was expecting to arrive, have a good time that night, and return home, safe and sound,” said Souza’s attorney, Jesus Garcia Jr. of Kherkher Garcia, LLP.

Garcia calls the tragic event “predictable and preventable,” due to Scott’s behavior enticing violence before and during the show, as well as poor planning on the part of festival organizers.

“They were short-staffed, and they did not have a good plan of crowd control,” Garcia told NDT News.

Scott, Live Nation, and ScoreMore have yet to make any comments regarding the accusations. They have said they are cooperating with law enforcement as the investigation continues.

This blog post is part of a series that Kherkher Garcia provides for the benefit of our neighbors across the Houston area. It is meant to keep our community informed about recent accidents, and should not be construed as legal advice. However, if you have been hurt or someone you love has died because of someone else’s negligence, we would like to hear from you at your earliest convenience. Contact us today, online or by calling (713) 231-5640, to speak with an experienced Houston personal injury lawyer at absolutely no cost to you.


News: First Astroworld lawsuit comes less than 24-hours after deadly festival

Posted on Saturday, November 13th, 2021 at 8:10 pm    

HOUSTON, TX – Attorneys at Kherkher Garcia, LLP hit Travis Scott and Astroworld Festival organizers with their first lawsuit less than 24-hours after the mass casualty event at NRG Park.

According to KHOU, attorneys Ryan Macleod and Tommy Kherkher are filing suit on behalf of a 35-year-old concertgoer who was trampled when the crowd surged the festival stage on November 5th.

The man, whose identity is being withheld at this time, is seeking more than $1 million in damages for gross negligence.

Travis Scott himself and 14 other festival organizers are named as defendants. The lawsuit claims the Houston-bred rapper “encouraged a culture of violence” through social media campaigns and incidents prior to the concert.

Attorneys with Kherkher Garcia, LLP are calling the incident a “predictable and preventable tragedy.”

This blog post is part of a series that Kherkher Garcia provides for the benefit of our neighbors across the Houston area. It is meant to keep our community informed about recent accidents, and should not be construed as legal advice. However, if you have been hurt or someone you love has died because of someone else’s negligence, we would like to hear from you at your earliest convenience. Contact us today, online or by calling (713) 231-5640, to speak with an experienced Houston personal injury lawyer at absolutely no cost to you.


News update: More details available on semi-truck crash into home on McKinley St

Posted on Wednesday, October 27th, 2021 at 9:10 pm    

YALE STREET GARDENS, TX – A person died after the driver of a stolen semi-truck plowed through a home at Lincoln Dr and McKinley St Monday, KHOU reports.

Erick Black, 39, allegedly stole a semi-truck from a trucking company on Sommermeyer St around 10:30 p.m. Officers located the stolen semi-truck with Black inside on the 11100 block of Capital Park Dr.

Officers attempted to pull Black over, but Black instead led them on a short pursuit. Black drove down Lincoln Dr and then jumped out of the still-moving vehicle near the intersection with McKinley St. He then attempted to flee the scene on foot but was soon apprehended by police.

The stolen vehicle crashed through a metal gate, collided with a truck, and then rammed through the bedroom of Jeff Conyers and Aylene Heaney as they were sleeping. Four people occupied the home at the time of the collision.

Heaney and Conyers were pinned underneath the fuel tank of the truck. Emergency crews were eventually able to extricate the couple and they took Conyers to an area hospital with serious injuries. Heaney was pronounced dead at the scene.

Black suffered minor injuries and was treated at the hospital. He is charged with aggravated assault and felony murder. He was on parole for evading in a motor vehicle when he stole the semi-truck.

The other two occupants were uninjured. They were related to the couple that was hit by the truck.

This blog post is part of a series that Kherkher Garcia provides for the benefit of our neighbors across the Houston area. It is meant to keep our community informed about recent motor vehicle accidents, and should not be construed as legal advice. However, if someone you love has died because of another driver’s reckless behavior, we would like to hear from you at your earliest convenience. Contact us today, online or by calling (713) 231-5640, to speak with an experienced Houston wrongful death attorney at absolutely no cost to you


News: Alleged impaired driver runs light, fatally crashes into car on Beamer Rd

Posted on Tuesday, October 26th, 2021 at 10:36 pm    

HOUSTON, TX – According to police, an alleged impaired driver ran a red light and fatally collided with another vehicle at 10900 Beamer Rd Saturday.

Authorities say that Kyle Nolen Lozano, 40, was speeding in a Cadillac Deville on northbound Beamer Rd when he ran the red light and plowed into a Ford Escape on Fuqua Dr.

Paramedics were called to the scene around 5:20 p.m. They transported the driver and 55-year-old female passenger of the Escape to an area hospital. The driver died at the hospital. The passenger was admitted in critical condition.

Police determined that Lozano was impaired at the time of the collision. He was charged and booked in jail after he was treated for minor injuries at an area hospital.

This blog post is part of a series that Kherkher Garcia provides for the benefit of our neighbors across the Houston area. It is meant to keep our community informed about recent motor vehicle accidents, and should not be construed as legal advice. However, if someone you love has died because of another driver’s reckless behavior, we would like to hear from you at your earliest convenience. Contact us today, online or by calling (713) 231-5640, to speak with an experienced Houston wrongful death attorney at absolutely no cost to you.